Infestations of moths & silverfish can damage your treasured personal belongings and should be prevented in your home or workplace.
The moths larvae cause severe damage to cloths, fabrics, leathers & carpets. There are many species of moths; clothes moths, grain moths, and Indian meal moths are among the most notable. You can identify moths by;
- adult moths are often seen crawling rather than flying
- their maggot-like larvae (moth caterpillars)
- their silken tubes or cases in which moth larvae live
- their silk cocoons (pupae) in which larvae turns into moths
The above pictures show the pest control measures we have taken to control a moth infestation one of our commercial customers were experiencing. The moth glue boards we installed have a pheromone canister which the moths are attracted to.
Our general pest control services include the treatment for silverfish. The above top picture is a silverfish; they are a wingless, torpedo-like-shape pest. Silverfish feed on food and materials high in protein and sugar for example paper on which there is glue in the binding; or starch in clothes. Some interesting silverfish facts;
- Silverfish are nocturnal
- Silverfish run very quickly
- Silverfish can be found almost anywhere and favour damp conditions
- Silverfish lay their eggs in cracks and crevices
It’s amazing what damage these harmless appearing insects can cause.